Important Information for Families
BASD Families and Partners:
Greetings from the Transportation Department!
Our drivers and monitors are excited to welcome children back to school. We have spent countless hours preparing for the this Fall semester. To aid in a safe return for your children and our staff, we are asking for your help! Please take not of the following expectations:
- Face masks are required for all students at the bus stops and while riding.
- Route times will fluctuate in the first couple of weeks of school, so please remember to arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes early. We will communicate route changes as they occur.
- Students from the same household are expected to sit together whenever possible.
- Show your bus pass each time you enter the bus.
- Board the correct bus at the assigned stop.
- Families who elected and have been approved by the principal for e-learning may still receive a bus pass even though not attending in-person classes. When e-learning students decide to return, there will be a seat available on the bus.
Safety is at the heart of all BASD Transportation Department practices. Please take the opportunity to review the entire list of bus conduct guidelines at www.basdschools.org/transportation. We have recently updated our website to include more information and resources for the families we serve.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 610-861-0360. Have a great 2020-21 school year!
The BASD Transportation Department transports over 10,000 students to and from school every school day using more than 100 buses that travel over 6,400 miles daily. We deliver these students to not only the 22 schools in the Bethlehem Area School District, but also to over 50 additional private and charter schools located within 10 miles of our own district boundaries.
The primary objective of the Transportation Department is to SAFELY deliver all students to and from school every day. Daily we strive to:
- Provide safe and efficient service in an equitable manner
- Adapt busing to the needs of the instructional program
- Maintain all vehicles in the best possible operating condition.
We are a staff of nearly 150 drivers, monitors, mechanics, and management members that are proud to play a part in the overall educational experience of our students. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time with your questions or concerns, and be sure to visit our FAQ link.