Alternate Address Requests
From Policies & Procedures Draft 2019-2020
Pupil transportation is designed to transport eligible students to and from school from their place of residence within the school’s attendance area. The Bethlehem Area School District recognizes that it may be necessary to transport to alternate addresses for various family needs (example: babysitter, daycare, joint custody, etc.). In order to provide for a safe and efficient transportation schedule for children, parents needing an alternate transportation schedule are required to obtain and complete the Alternate Transportation Form provided by their school.
- All requests will be approved on a space available/five (5) days per week basis. Requests for one or several days per week or alternating weeks will not be approved.
- All requests must be for every AM pick up and/or every PM drop off.
- The alternate address must be within the current school attendance area and deemed eligible for transportation.
- When possible intersection and/or an existing neighborhood stops will be utilized as the assigned school bus stop.
- This busing request will remain in effect for one year, until alternate location is cancelled or a new busing request form is completed.
- Existing requests must be renewed annually prior to the start of each school year.