Starting September 21, 2020, Bethlehem Area School District has received approval to temporarily allow free meals to all students and children residing in Bethlehem ages 18 and under through December 31, 2020. This applies to all meals served in-school and distributed on Mondays. For more information, click here.
This program expires December 31, 2020. Paid, free and reduced eligibility will resume January 1, 2021 and access to meals will be limited to only students enrolled in BASD. Be sure to apply now for free or reduced meal benefits at www.schoolcafe.com or www.compass.state.pa.us. Only one application per household is needed, even if your students attend different BASD schools. If not approved as free/reduced, published lunch prices will be charged.
Cafeteria Accounts and Online Payment
Download the School Cafe app on the App Store or get it on Google Play.
School Cafe is a secure, online system that allows parents to make cafeteria meal payments to their student(s) cafeteria accounts via credit or debit card. Parents are able to monitor student(s) accounts 24 hours a day/7 days a week from any Internet-enabled computer.
- One-time and automated payment options
- Account balance information, along with student payment and purchase history
- Parent ability to administer and manage their student(s)' cafeteria account(s)
- Parent self-help, reducing calls to the school district
- Pre-approved credit transactions, helping prevent acceptance of bad checks
- 24/7 availability for parents' convenience
Just 3 easy steps to register and start making payments
- Register yourself as a user
- Add students for whom you wish to pay online. You must have your student's ID, which is provided by the district
- Make a payment. You can make a payment to your student's cafe account by using a credit/check card. You will receive a confirmation number immediately after payment is accepted for future refererence.
*Please note, there is a $1.95 convenience fee for each payment transaction. A minimum payment of $10 per transaction with a maximum of $100 is required.