Registration for all Grades

  • Your child will register at the school that services your residence (your resident school). If you do not know which school your child should attend, you click on “Find Your Neighborhood School” located on the left-hand side or call the Child Accounting Department (610-861-0500, extensions 60272, 60273, or 60274) to determine which school services your address. It is recommended that you contact the school to schedule an appointment. 

    If you wish to tour the school, you should make an appointment with the principal prior to your visit. For any other questions, please call Child Accounting.

    Please be prepared to provide the following:

    • Proof of Age: Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, or Affidavit of Age and Physician’s Certificate. A kindergartner must be age five on or before October 1 of the year they enter school. A first grade student must be age 6 on or before October 1 of the year they enter school.
    • Immunization record
    • Two proofs of residence: agreement of sale to purchase a home, lease agreement, utility bill, change of address from the Post Office (yellow sticker on received letter), a letter from Social Security Administration stating that the family is the recipient of Social Security benefits and has provided the Social Security Administration with a Bethlehem Area School District address, letter from the Department of Public Welfare, bank statement, letter from employer, credit card bill and/or these three (3) items that are still only one (1) proof of residence; current automobile registration with current driver’s license, and current insurance card. If you are residing in a homeless shelter, provide a letter from the shelter or agency working with you. 
    • Last report card (for students in grades above kindergarten)

    The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) requires that school districts locate and identify English Language Learners (ELLs) in order to provide appropriate language instruction programs. Pennsylvania has selected the Home Language Survey as the method for identifying these students. If any answer indicates a language other than English, the student must be referred to the English Learner Services (ELS), and registration will be completed at that office.

    Kindergarten registration takes place during the month of January for the following school year. Parents will use the online registration portal. A staff member from the school that services your residence will contact the parent to set up an appointment to complete the process.

    Elementary school, middle school, and high school students can register throughout the summer by contacting their resident school. Parents must be ready to provide the information listed above for registration.